Some days it just seems that no matter what you do LIFE SUCKS! I know it's not just me but it's kind of hard to remember that when everything seems to be spiraling in the wrong direction.
What's wrong with my life? Doesn't matter really...
Here's what I'm doing about it:
- going for a walk to clear my head [exercise increases my endorphins - which makes me happy without drugs]
- reading my top ten accomplishments list [ I often forget what I actually have accomplished - sometimes against incredible odds] and this reminds me I've been down before and roared back!
- making a date with my wife [because I love her and any time I get to spend with her is great - with 4 kids an active search business and a new book we don't have much time together]
- going to ALL my kid's soccer practices and listening - really listening - to their highs and lows [AND watching the game instead of catching up on work]
- reading Success Magazine [and listening to the audio/video DVD enclosed in each issue] because even one good idea will lift me up again AND I've been reading the magazine steadily since 1968
- revisiting my mentors - some of them living --- others in their books [Napoleon Hill, W Clement Stone, Churchill, Gandhi] - Lance Armstrong, Richard Branson, Oprah, Brian Tracey and Zig... Zig's seen it all before!
All my life I've treated Failure as a temporary state. It's still very real but it washes over me like a cold rain and then it's gone. I keep moving forward looking at the goals writtn on the whiteboard next to my desk at home. I need to continue moving forward OR risk getting stuck and immobilized.
Moving toward the POSITIVE unsticks me. This is what works for me.
What about you? When you're looking for a job and not having the success you expect [does anyone ever move as fast as they want between opportunities?] what do you? How do you keep yourself UP! and moving forward? I'd really like to know. I'm sure other job hunters would like to know as well. What works for you?
- David Perry