Meet Mike from Bridgeville,
Mike was laid off last February. Like millions of other job seekers he had over 20 years experience and is over 40 years old. He's also in a profession where employers prefer them to be "young." IOW, not Mike's age.
In Mike’s own words, “he spent month after month after month hitting brick walls when it came to realizing any success with his job search.”
Does any part of this scenario sound familiar to you ?
During this time, Mike did what almost everyone else does when it came to finding a new job. You may recognize this fandango; spending endless hours trying to “perfect” his resume and cover letter, scanning the job boards for potential opportunities, applying for positions, never hearing back about the status of his resume etc., etc. Time was quickly passing and his resources dwindling.
One day (about) 2 months ago, Mike by his own admission was at his wits end and came to the conclusion that if he were going to achieve his goal of landing a good job before the end of 2009, he was going to need a lot of extra horsepower. Mike then found the courage to bite the bullet and contact us at the Guerrilla Job Search Boot Camp to ask what we could do for him.
Mike signed-on for the one-on-one 10 week Guerrilla Job Search consulting.
Fast Forward (to Monday) November 30, 2009. Mike started his new six figure position with a well known Fortune 500 financial organization !
I’ll never forget the day he received the official offer. My phone rings and on the other end is a very excited Mike. The first words out of his mouth were, “Mark, there will be a great Christmas meal and plenty of presents under the tree this year ! “
Some interesting facts about Mike and his job search:
• By Mike’s own estimation he lost $ 180,700 or more in salary and benefits (value) since last February.
• Mike is now working in his dream job and in a telecommute position !
• Mike had already read Guerrilla Job Hunting 2.0 and said he loved it but felt he needed personal Guerrilla consulting to push his job search over the edge.
• Within (about) 5 weeks of working with us, Mike received one verbal offer that ultimately ended up being put on hold. Prior to this, he had none.
• By week 7 or so, Mike had 2 more firm offers in hand “in addition” to the offer he ultimately accepted for a total of 3 offers that were firm.
• By Mikes own estimation, he met only 50% of the actual job requirements for the position he now occupies !
• Mike was invited to more interviews working with us for just 2 months than he did the previous 7 months.
• Using Guerrilla consulting tactics, this position was created for Mike as it was never advertised.
Sound too good to be true ?
If you are intrigued by the success of Guerrilla Job Seeker consulting, simply email me and I will provide Mike’s number and you can ask him in the evening hours.
If you would prefer, my friend and colleague and fellow Guerrilla ---Kevin Donlin also interviewed Mike last week regarding his Guerrilla success as a job seeker. I will gladly email you a recording of that short discussion so you can hear it for yourself.
Don’t procrastinate, call us to get a job faster.....and have a Great Guerrilla Day !
Mark J. Haluska
Real Time NetWork & Guerrilla Job Search International