5 Free ways to ensure you’re on every employers’ radar
Despite signs of a strengthening economy, the tried-and-true methods of finding a job will no longer suffice.
Becoming a guerrilla job-hunter and making yourself easy-to-find is the best way to consistently move your career forward. The market is geared toward those who effectively brand and market themselves as the ultimate commodity across multiple distribution channels. AND it won’t cost you a cent. As Charles Darwin said, “It’s not the strongest of the species, nor the most intelligent, that survive; it’s the one most responsive to change.”
Serious job hunters should make the following 5 resolutions for 2011. I will:
- Package my experience to astound employers [FREE]
- Quantify my accomplishments in $$$ and ### and %%% on my resume [FREE]
- Become easy to find and manage my on-line profile through ZoomInfo.com [FREE]
- Supersize my network using LinkedIn the leading social networking software [FREE]
- Build an eResume that is Google friendly so recruiters can find me [FREE]
The average “career book” looks at life from the job-hunters point of view - which of course is wrong. If you want to get a rewarding job you need to look at the process from the employer's perspective. Why should they hire you? What's in it for them? What can you bring to the table as an employee that will improve shareholder value? Give this serious thought.