If you want to increase the pull of your direct mail campaigns then consider putting together matching letterhead and envelopes that have your picture on them. I use the head and shoulders shot below with quotes from clients to increase my mass mailings. You can do the same thing. I recommend you do this with your second and third tier prospects because the direct one-on-one approach will work better. This is a great idea for marketing and sales people who want to change industry and need to generate a large quantity of leads quickly.
- Use a good quality head shot.
- To save money ask a friend to use their digital camera. Make sure it’s set on the highest quality. You’ll need a 400 dpi resolution jpeg to ensure a crisp picture.
- Wear a good suit and tie.
- Take off your glasses so the flash doesn’t reflect off them.
- Use a light background behind you and wear dark clothes.
- Make certain you wear a contrasting color shirt. For example white with a blue suit, so you can be seen clearly when the picture is shrunken to one square inch and printed in black & white or gray tones.
- It’s a statistical fact that if you hand-address the envelopes more people will open them.